Enables Device Status Reporting. This command has an SCPI standardized effect on the status data structures. The purpose is to precondition these toward reporting only device-dependent status data.
- It only affects enable registers. It does not change event and condition registers.
- The IEEE-488.2 enable registers, which are handled with the common commands *SRE and *ESE remain unchanged.
- The command sets or clears all other enable registers. Those relevant for this device are as follows:
- It sets all bits of the Device status Enable Registers to 1.
- It sets all bits of the Questionable Data Status Enable Registers and the Operation Status Enable Registers to 0.
- The following registers never change in the GSG-5x, but they do conform to the standard :STATus:PRESet values.
- All bits in the positive transition filters of Questionable Data and Operation status registers are 1.
- All bits in the negative transition filters of Questionable Data and Operation status registers are 0.