Defining Events in StudioView
To make a simulation more realistic, you can introduce events that can change power levels of certain signals, add or modify multipath signals, change the propagation environment, and modify navigation messages.
In order to describe an event, you need to specify the event time in seconds counted from the beginning of scenario, and set the event parameters.
Several events can occur in the same epoch. Note that PRN/channel events overrule scenario events.
Note: One GSG epoch equals a 100 ms block of time.
Using the Events Editor
To open StudioView's Events Editor, navigate to Tools > Events editor, or click .
Events are listed in the table on the left and stored in a text file that is linked to the scenario. To show/hide the event file text on the right side of your screen, click :
To add a new event, click :
To set the type of event, choose an option from the Event type drop-down menu:
- Change absolute power: Defines a power level for a given channel or PRN code.
- Change relative power: Defines a change in the power level for a given channel or PRN code.
- Create new multipath signal
- Delete multipath signal
- Change multipath signal parameters
- Change navigation message bits
- Change signal propagation model.
To set the Time at which the event is to occur, specify the number of seconds from the beginning of scenario.
Define a Target:
- Scenario will apply the specified event to all satellites simulated in scenario.
- Channel will apply the specified event to one of GSG's channels.
- PRN1Pseudo-Random Noise-x will apply the specified event to a particular GNSS satellite or SBAS; select a PRN code number.
There are two Parameters types available for each event type - Absolute power or Relative power - in next drop-down menu.
For Channel event, type Duplicate is also available.
To edit an event, highlight it, then double-click it, or click .
To delete an event highlight it, then click .