Transferring Files With StudioView
If there is a need to transfer individual files from your StudioView PC to a connected GSG or vice versa, StudioView's File Manager is the tool of choice.
Note: Note that for uploading scenarios the Uploader (see Uploading StudioView Files) is the preferred tool over the File Manager, since the Uploader automatically uploads all files belonging to a scenario.
- Open the File Manager tool by navigating to Tools > File Manager, or click .
- Establish a connection to the GSG unit by clicking . (For details, see Connecting StudioView to GSG.)
- Once a connection has been established, you should see GSG's file/folder tree in the left window, and StudioView's file list in the right window:
- Double-click on any folder to open it. Click on the top folder to navigate to the next higher folder. Highlight any file in order to F5 Copy or F8 Delete it.
In order to download a file from a connected GSG unit to a destination of your choice on the StudioView PC, instead of using the File Manager, you can also use the GSG Web Interface:
- In StudioView, open the GSG Web Interface by clicking the Globe button (or – if not using Studioview – see Accessing the GSG Web Interface).
- Select GSG FILES in the top-left corner. Then select the observations/ directory. Click on any file to display its contents. Click the green arrow in the top right corner to navigate back to the file listing.
- Download a file by right-clicking on it and selecting Save target as ...