Setting Up Email Notifications
The Email Setup window provides a means to configure NetClock with the necessary settings to interface it with Exchange email servers and Gmail.
To set up Notification Emails:
Navigate to MANAGEMENT> OTHER: Notifications.
- In the Actions panel of the Notifications screen, click * Email Setup.
The Email Setup window will display:
The Email Configuration box provides two example configuration files. One is for interfacing NetClock with an Email Exchange server; and the other is for sending emails via Gmail:
- To configure the applicable example email configuration, delete the comments (“#”) from each line and replace the “<>” with the appropriate values for your particular email server (such as the user name and password for your Email server).
Example I: SMTP interface to MS Exchange
#set smtp=<server name, example: exchange.example.com>
#set smtp-auth-user=<user name>
Example II: SMTP interface to Gmail
#set smtp-auth-user=<user name, example firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the window.
- To test your settings:
- In the Test Email Address field, enter an email address.
- Click the Send Test Email button.
- A notification that your email has been sent will appear at the top of the window.
Additional information on this subject can be found here: Email Notification Setup.