This Receiver Dynamics setting further refines the reception characteristics for the different receiver modes (see above). It also determines if the receiver will automatically resurvey after NetClock reboots.
Note: This option only applies to u-blox M8T Receivers and Trimble Res-T Receivers (RES-SMT-GG and SAASM GPS do NOT support this.)
Caution: If you select a setting that does NOT resurvey, and subsequently relocate your unit (antenna) by more than 100 m, u-blox M8T and Trimble Res-T receivers will NOT detect the new position, and hence provide an incorrect time.
For more information about the GNSS Survey, see Deleting the GNSS Receiver Position.
For more information on Receiver Modes, see Selecting a GNSS Receiver Mode.
The following Receiver Dynamics settings are available:
- Land (Resurvey): [default]
When used with the Mobile Receiver Mode, the receiver is adjusted for typical dynamic land-based applications.
When used with the Standard Receiver Mode, this setting also will automatically initiate a resurvey after NetClock reboots, in order to account for a possible relocation.
- Sea: The receiver dynamics will be optimized for mobile motion patterns typical with marine applications, resulting in greater timing accuracy, and avoiding premature loss of synchronization.
- Air: The receiver dynamics will be optimized for acceleration forces typically experienced in civil aviation applications.
- Stationary (No Resurvey): In Standard Mode, the receiver is set to a non-dynamic value for stationary applications.
There will be no automatic resurvey after a reboot. Should a unit be relocated, you need to delete its position, thus initiating a new survey.
The following table illustrates the interdependence between Receiver Dynamics, Receiver Mode (see Selecting a GNSS Receiver Mode) and receiver type:
Receiver dynamics, ~modes, ~ dynamics, ~ types
|Receiver Mode||Receiver Dynamics|
|Mobile (with u-blox receivers)|
|Mobile (with Trimble receivers)||
- Trimble Res-T and Res-SMT-GG receivers will report Land dynamics during a survey until the survey is complete. Then the dynamics becomes Stationary. This also indicates that the receiver has completed the survey.
- The u-blox M8T receiver now uses Land to indicate it will RESURVEY on reboot, and Stationary to indicate it will not resurvey after reboot.
- Navigate to INTERFACES > REFERENCES: GNSS 0.
- Under the Main tab of the GNSS 0 status window, the line item Receiver Dynamics will indicate the current setting.
- To change the setting, click Edit in the bottom-left corner. The GNSS 0 configuration window will display:
- Select a setting and click Submit.