: Top Slot Installation, Bottom Slot Empty
Instructions for installing an option card into an upper slot (2, 4, or 6) of the SecureSync unit, with no card populating the bottom slot:
- Safely power down your SecureSync unit and remove the top cover of the main chassis (housing). Save the screws.
Caution: NEVER install an option card from the rear of the unit, ALWAYS from the top, after removing the chassis cover.
- Remove blank option card plate, or existing option card. Save the screws.
- Place one of the supplied washers over each of the two chassis screw holes (see Figure below), then screw the 18 mm standoffs (= the longer standoffs) into the chassis (see Figure below), applying a torque of 0.9 Nm/8.9 in-lbs.
- Insert option card into the slot, lining up the screw holes on the card with the standoffs.
- Using the supplied M3 screws, screw the board into the standoffs, and the option card plate into the chassis, applying a torque of 0.9 Nm/8.9 in-lbs.
- Take the supplied 50-pin ribbon cable and carefully press it into the connector on the mainboard (lining up the red sided end of the cable with PIN 1 on the mainboard), then into the connector on the option card (see Figure below).
Washers & standoffs secured to chassis screw holes
Ribbon cable installation
Caution: Ensure that the ribbon cable is aligned and fastened properly to all pins on the connector of the card. Otherwise, damage to the equipment may occur during power-up.