: Gb ETH Card Installation, Slot1 Empty
Installation of the Gigabit Ethernet module card (PN 1204-06), if Slot 1 is empty:
Note: The Gigabit Ethernet option card must be installed in Slot 2. If there is a card already installed in Slot 2, that card must be relocated to a different slot.
- Safely power down the SecureSync unit and remove the chassis cover. Save the screws.
Caution: NEVER install an option card from the rear of the unit, ALWAYS from the top, after removing the chassis cover.
- Remove the blank option card plate, or the existing option card. Save the screws.
- Take the supplied washers and place them over the chassis screw holes (see figure below).
- Screw the supplied 18-mm standoffs into place above the washers (see figure below), applying a torque of 0.9 Nm/8.9 in-lbs.
- On the SecureSync mainboard, remove the screw located under the J11 connector and replace with the supplied 12-mm standoff (see figure below).
- Insert the Gigabit Ethernet option card into Slot 2, and carefully press down to fit the connectors on the bottom of the Gigabit Ethernet card to the connectors on the mainboard.
- Secure the option card by screwing the supplied M3 screws into:
- both standoffs on the chassis
- the standoff added onto the mainboard
- and into the rear chassis. Apply a torque of 0.9 Nm/8.9 in-lbs.
Gigabit Ethernet option card installation