: Gb ETH Card Installation, Slot1 Occupied
Installation of the Gigabit Ethernet card (PN 1204-06), if there is an option card installed in slot 1:
Note: The Gigabit Ethernet option card must be installed in Slot 2. If there is a card already installed in Slot 2, it must be relocated to a different slot.
- Safely power down the SecureSync unit and remove chassis cover. Save the screws.
Caution: NEVER install an option card from the rear of the unit, ALWAYS from the top, after removing the chassis cover.
- Remove the blank option card panel, or the existing option card. Save the screws.
- Remove the two screws securing the lower card (not the panel screws). Save the screws.
- Screw the supplied 18-mm standoffs into place, applying a torque of 0.9 Nm/8.9 in-lbs.
- On the SecureSync mainboard, remove the screw located under the J11 connector and replace with the supplied 12-mm standoff (see figure below).
- Insert the Gigabit Ethernet option card into Slot 2, and carefully press down to fit the connectors on the bottom of the card to the connector on the mainboard.
- Secure the option card by screwing the supplied M3 screws into
- both standoffs on the chassis
- the standoff added onto the mainboard
- and into the rear chassis. Apply a torque of 0.9 Nm/8.9 in-lbs.
Gigabit Ethernet option card installation