Network access rules restrict access to only those assigned networks or nodes defined. If no access rules are defined, access will be granted to all networks and nodes.
Note: In order to configure Access Rules, you need ADMINISTRATOR rights.
To configure a new, or delete an existing access rule:
- Navigate to the MANAGEMENT > Network Setup screen.
- In the Actions panel on the left, click on Access Control.
- The Network Access Rules window displays:
- In the Allow From field, enter a valid IP address. It is not possible, however, to add direct IP addresses, but instead they must be input as blocks, i.e. you need to add
/32at the end of an IP address to ensure that only that address is allowed.
10.2.100.29/32will allow only
- Click the Add button in the Action column to add the new rule.
- The established rule appears in the Network Access Rules window.
Click the Delete button next to an existing rule, if you want to delete it.
IP address nomenclature:
10.10.0.0 is the IP address and
16 is the subnet mask in prefix form. See the table Subnet Mask Values for a list of subnet mask values.