Receiver Dynamics further refine the reception characteristics for the individual receiver modes and determine if the receiver will automatically resurvey after a reboot.
Note: This option only applies to u-blox M8T receivers and Trimble Res-T receivers (RES-SMT-GG and SAASM GPS do NOT support this.)
Caution: If you select a setting that does NOT resurvey, and subsequently relocate your unit (antenna) by more than 100 m, u-blox M8T and Trimble Res-T receivers will NOT detect the new position, and hence provide an incorrect time.
For more information about the GNSS Survey, see Performing a GNSS Receiver Survey.
For more information on Receiver Modes, see Selecting a GNSS Receiver Mode.
- Navigate to INTERFACES > REFERENCES: GNSS 0.
- Under the Main tab of the GNSS 0 status window, the line item Receiver Dynamics will indicate the current setting.
- To change the setting, click Edit in the bottom-left corner. The GNSS 0 configuration window will display:
- Select a setting and click Submit.
The following Receiver Dynamics settings are available:
- Land (Resurvey): [default]
When used with the Mobile Receiver Mode, the receiver is adjusted for typical dynamic land-based applications.
When used with the Standard Receiver Mode, this setting also will automatically initiate a resurvey after SecureSync reboots, in order to account for a possible relocation.
- Sea: The receiver dynamics will be optimized for mobile motion patterns typical with marine applications, resulting in greater timing accuracy, and avoiding premature loss of synchronization.
- Air: The receiver dynamics will be optimized for acceleration forces typically experienced in civil aviation applications.
- Stationary (No Resurvey): In Standard Mode, the receiver is set to a non-dynamic value for stationary applications.
There will be no automatic resurvey after a reboot. Should a unit be relocated, you need to delete its position, thus initiating a new survey.
The following table illustrates the interdependence between Receiver Dynamics, Receiver Mode (see Selecting a GNSS Receiver Mode) and receiver type:
Receiver dynamics, ~modes, ~ dynamics, ~ types
|Receiver Mode||Receiver Dynamics|
|Mobile (with u-blox receivers)|
|Mobile (with Trimble receivers)||
- Trimble Res-T and Res-SMT-GG receivers will report Land dynamics during a survey until the survey is complete. Then the dynamics becomes Stationary. This also indicates that the receiver has completed the survey.
- The u-blox M8T receiver now uses Land to indicate it will RESURVEY on reboot, and Stationary to indicate it will not resurvey after reboot.