To add, configure, or remove an NTP Peer:
- Navigate to MANAGEMENT > NETWORK: NTP Setup.
- The NTP Setup screen appears. The NTP Peers panel displays a list of recognized NTP peers.
Note: Should the list be empty, no servers have been added yet. In the event that added peers are not displayed, they could not be resolved. Verify the IP address
- To EDIT the settings of an NTP Peer, click the GEAR button next to it, and proceed to Step 3 below.
- To ADD a new NTP Peer, click the PLUS icon in the top right corner of the NTP Peers panel.
- To REMOVE an NTP Peer (and its associated configurations), click the X-button next to it.
- The NTP Peers edit window opens:
- Enter the required information into the fields:
- Host: The IP address for the server to be used as host.
- Min Poll Interval: Select a value from the drop down (the default is 3 (8s).
- Max Poll Interval: Select a value from the drop down (the default is 3 (8s).
For both NTP Peers, and NTP Servers the Minimum and Maximum Poll rate for NTP packets can be configured.
Both NTP Peers and NTP Servers support either manually configured Symmetric Key-ID/Key string pairs or the use of Auto-Key. However, these choices are mutually exclusive and must be identically configured on both the SecureSync and the NTP Peer or NTP Server. If the Symmetric Key-ID/Key string pair method is selected the Key-ID must be first defined on the Symmetric Key page.
- Enable Symmetric Key: Click the checkbox to enable/disable Symmetric Key. See also: Configuring NTP Symmetric Keys.
- Enable Autokey: Click the check box to enable/disable Autokey. See NTP Autokey for more information on Autokey.
- Mark as Preferred: Check this box to prefer this NTP Peer over other NTP Peers ("NTP Peer Preference"). This will result in SecureSync synchronizing more frequently with this Peer. For additional information on NTP Preferences, see Configuring "NTP Stratum 1" Operation.
Note: Please note that it is not advisable to mark more than one NTP Peer as Preferred, even though SecureSync will not prevent you from doing so.
Note: Before you can edit the Key field, you must set up Symmetric Keys through the Actions Panel. See NTP: Symmetric Keys (MD5) .
Conversely, you may check the Autokey box below the Key field.
Note: When you configure NTP Autokey, you must first disable the NTP service in the NTP Services panel, then re-enable it after Autokey configuration is completed.
- Click Submit, or press Enter.