The TSync-PCIe board is shipped with a full height card bracket, and a 1/2 height bracket. The latter is pre-installed.
If so required, follow the procedure outlined below to install the full height bracket:
Bracket change procedure
Changing the bracket:
- Tools required for this procedure include a #1 Phillips head screwdriver, a 1/8-inch nut driver or open-end wrench, and a 5/16” driver, wrench, or socket.
- Internal GPS receiver boards only: Using the 5/16-inch driver or wrench, remove the nut and lock washer securing the GNSS RF cable to the board. Slide the cable out of the D-hole in the half-height bracket.
- Use the Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the Phillips-head screw securing the bracket to the Tsync-PCIe board.
- Using the 1/8-inch nut driver, remove the two jack screws from the 25-pin connector. The half-height bracket can now be removed from the TSync-PCIe board.
- Install the full-height bracket. Replace the jack screws on the 25-pin connector.
Note: It may be desirable to install the Phillips-head screw finger-tight, then the jack screws, before completely tightening the Phillips-head screw. Also, be careful to seat the jack screws fully in the holes in the full-height bracket, or the breakout cable will not attach properly to the 25-pin connector when the cable is connected to the board for operation.