This topic contains information that is relevant not only for your personal safety, but can also help prevent potential damage when working with the equipment.
Do not ignore the Safety Instructions!
Spectracom Safety Symbols
The following symbols are used in Spectracom technical documentation, or on Spectracom products:
Spectracom safety symbols
|Potentially dangerous situation which may lead to personal injury or death!
Follow the instructions closely.
|Potential equipment damage or destruction! Follow the instructions closely.|
|Tips and other useful or important information.|
|Risk of ElectroStatic Discharge! Avoid potential equipment damage by following ESD Best Practices.|
|This symbol is used for identifying the functional ground of an I/O signal. It is always connected to the instrument chassis.|
|Shows where the protective ground terminal is connected inside the instrument. Never remove or loosen this screw!|
|Recycle the mentioned components at their end of life. Follow local laws.|
This product has been designed and built in accordance with state-of-the-art standards and the recognized safety rules. Nevertheless, its use may constitute a risk to the operator or installation/maintenance personnel, if used under conditions that must be deemed unsafe, or for purposes other than the product's designated use, which is described in the introductory technical chapters of this guide.
- The equipment must only be used in technically perfect condition. Check components for damage prior to installation. Also check for loose or scorched cables on other nearby equipment.
- Make sure you possess the professional skills, and have received the training necessary for the type of work you are about to perform (for example Best Practices in ESD prevention.)
- Do not modify the equipment, and use only spare parts authorized by Spectracom.
- Always follow the instructions set out in this guide.
- Observe generally applicable legal and other local mandatory regulations.
Other Safety Tips
Keep these instructions at hand, near the place of use.
Keep your workplace tidy.
Apply technical common sense: If you suspect that it is unsafe to use the product, do the following:
- Disconnect the supply voltage from the (main) unit, e.g. by unplugging the line cord.
- Clearly mark the equipment to prevent its further operation.