VelaSync's ETH0 network interface port is configured with a unique static IP address: 192.168.1.1. The DHCP is shipped disabled on this port, but can be reinstated below.
The other Ethernet ports default to DHCP; if connected to a DHCP server via ETH1 through ETH5, VelaSync will accept a dynamic IP address.
Changing the IP address using an Ethernet connection
- In order to manipulate network configurations, open a web browser, using a PC that is on the same network as the VelaSync.
- Navigate to the IP address connected to VelaSync; either the default static address (ETH0) or the dynamic address assigned by your DHCP.
- Log onto the Web UI as an administrator. If not yet updated, use the default password:
Note: The default login credentials are:
User name = spadmin
Password = admin123
- In the Web UI HOME screen, select the MANAGEMENT menu> Network Setup.
In the Ports panel on the right, click the GEAR button next to the Ethernet port to be configured: the Edit Ethernet Port Settings panel will open.
- In this panel, you can perform the following actions:
- enable or disable the ethernet port
- enable DHCP
- disable DHCP (selecting this function will provide access to the remaining settings)
- assign a static IP address
- set netmask values
set Gateway, domain, DNS, and MTU values.
Note: Wait to click Submit or Apply until fully finished assigning values to avoid errors.
In order to apply a static IP address to any Ethernet port, DHCP must be disabled.
To update network settings using a serial connection, please see Setting Up an IP Address via the Serial Port.