About this Manual
This User Manual for the VelaSync Enterprise Time Server provides you with:
- descriptions of features and functions, as well as
- installation and configuration guidance
- instructions for specific tasks related to using this product
- safety-related information
- technical specifications
- other reference information.
The main objectives of this User Manual are:
- to assist you with the installation and configuration of this product in a safe and efficient manner
- to help you familiarize yourself with VelaSync’s user interfaces, features and functionality.
This User Manual is written for a professional audience, targeting experienced system integrators and PC technicians.
Other relevant documentation
This Spectracom User Manual is complemented by the Spectracom VelaSync Quick Reference Guide (PN: 1225-5000-0051), a printed copy of which is shipped with the unit, and the user documentation for the Supermicro™ SuperO® SuperServer 5017R-WRF, which can be found under:
This User Manual is organized as follows:
CHAPTER 1: Introduction and Overview
This chapter describes the main features of VelaSync, its hardware operating elements and status indicators. Furthermore, the introductory chapter also includes VelaSync's technical specifications, and regulatory information.
CHAPTER 2: Installation
This chapter describes the preparatory measures, as well as the actual steps necessary to install VelaSync in a server rack. Also included are SAFETY notes, and typical configuration steps required prior to, or after initial powering on the system.
CHAPTER 3: TimeKeeper
The TimeKeeper™ software running on VelaSync not only serves time during normal operation, but also represents the main user interface for configuring and monitoring VelaSync. CHAPTER 3 guides you through TimeKeeper's web user interface "Web UI", explaining its features and functions.
CHAPTER 4: Frequently Used Tasks