Front Panel (bezel removed)
- UNIT ID ("UID"): Unit identifier button – to identify this unit, press this button (or activate via IPMI) to turn the blue "i" LED in front and back of unit on/off.
- RESET button: Reboot the system
- Power button: Apply/remove power from the power supply of the server. (Note: Standby power continues to be supplied to the system, i.e. the power supplies and the IPMI remain energized)
- HDD Release Lever: Pull to release one of the two hot-swap RAID hard disks.
Control Panel LEDs
- Info (red):
- Red blinking fast (1x/sec): Fan fail
- Red blinking slowly (1x/4 sec): Power fail
- Red solid: CPU overheat
- Info (blue):
- Blue solid: Local UID button depressed
- Blue blinking: UID has been activated via IPMI
- NIC 2, 1: Activity on GLAN 1,2 when flashing green
- HDD: IDE channel activity when flashing yellow
- Power: Power is applied to power supplies (bright green)
Hard Disk Drives
Each hard disk drive (HDD) carrier has two LEDs:
- Green LED: Indicates drive activity, when illuminated.
- Red LED:
- When blinking, the drive is rebuilding.
- When solid, indicates drive failure (you should also receive an automatic message from your system management software).
To release a hard disk drive carrier, in order to remove the hot-swappable hard disk drive, push the red button for the carrier to release the lever, then pull the carrier out, using the lever.
For additional instructions on how to replace a hard disk, see Removing/Installing a Hard Disk Drive.