VersaPNT is a high-performance position, navigation, time, and frequency GPS master clock and network time server that delivers accurate, software-configurable time and position signals under all circumstances, including GNSS-denied environments. Its compact size and high level of ruggedization make VersaPNT suitable for mobile applications in harsh environments. VersaPNT's small footprint allows for easy integration of the time, position, and navigational functionality into systems architecture.
VersaPNTis equipped with a GPS-aided high-performance Inertial Navigation System (INS). This MEMS-based unit incorporates 3-axis accelerometers, gyros, magnetometer (all of which are 3-axis), as well as a temperature sensor and a separate 50-channel L1 GPS receiver.
VersaPNT also includes all the timing functionality required in modern, network-centric applications:
- NTP/PTP precise time transfer over Ethernet, including security protocols that prevent network vulnerabilities
- Low phase noise 10 MHz frequency distribution
- Configurable pulse signals, including IRIG or HaveQuick timecodes
- Serial link Time Of Day (ToD) messages
VersaPNT combines GNSS-aided inertial navigation with high-performance internal sensor to manage potential loss of GNSS.
VersaPNT also accommodates an OCXO oscillator, allowing the unit to maintain frequency and time accuracy for long periods of GPS/GNSS outage. In addition, it can be re-synchronized by an external reference.
VersaPNT physical inputs and outputs are software-configurable and can adapt to various application requirements. I/O pins can be configured as TTL, 10 V pulse, RS232, RS422, and RS485. This allows VersaPNT to provide a high number of outputs of the same type, while still fitting into a small form factor.
Due to its high level of ruggedization, VersaPNT provides very high intrinsic reliability. Strong status monitoring capability, either locally or remotely, allows quick fault diagnosis. Physical alarm (dry contact) and network alarms (SNMP traps) are raised in real time. An internal, exportable log can be accessed either locally or remotely. In addition to oscillator options (OCXO), VersaPNT is available with a C/A L1 GPS receiver or with an L1/L2 SAASM receiver. Pulse outputs are configurable through the web user interface ("Web UI"). An extension slot is available to accommodate additional timing interfaces.
- Airborne: Observation payload (radars, optronics, electronic warfare), flying test bench, flight analysis
- Ground: Satcom On the Move (SOTM), anti-IED jamming systems, mobile radios and C3I, robotics
- Marine: Sensor support (radars, sonars, optronics, electronic warfare), communication networks, offshore/DSO platforms, buoys