Assigning a Static IP Address
To setup a permanent static IP address, after connecting VersaSync to a DHCP network:
- Enter the IP address
obtained during setup (Initial Network Setup)into the address field of your browser (on a computer connected to the VersaSync network). If the network supports DNS, the hostname may also be entered instead (the default hostname is "Spectracom"). The start screen of the VersaSync Web UI will be displayed.
- Log into the Web UI as an administrator. The factory-default user name and password are:
- Disable DHCP by navigating to MANAGEMENT > Network Setup. In the Ports panel on the right, click the GEAR icon next to the Ethernet Port you are using. In the Edit Ethernet Port Settings window, uncheck the Enable DHCPv4 field. Do NOT click Submit or Apply yet.
- In the fields below the Enable DHCPv4 checkbox, enter the desired Static IP address, Netmask, and Gateway address (if required). Click Submit.
- Verifythat the settings have been accepted by VersaSync.
- Enter the static IP address into the address field of the browser, and again log into the Web UI in order to continue with the configuration; see: The Web UI HOME Screen.
For subnet mask values, see Subnet Mask Values.