|Potentially dangerous situation which may lead to personal injury or death! Follow the instructions closely.|
|Potential equipment damage or destruction!
Follow the instructions closely.
|Tips and other useful or important information.|
|Risk of Electrostatic Discharge!
Avoid potential equipment damage by following ESD Best Practices.
|This symbol is used for identifying the functional ground of an I/O signal. It is always connected to the instrument chassis.|
|Shows where the protective ground terminal is connected inside the instrument. Never remove or loosen this screw!|
|Recycle the mentioned components at their end of life. Follow local laws.|
This product may constitute a risk to the operator or installation/maintenance personnel, if used under conditions that must be deemed unsafe, or for purposes other than the product's designated use, which is described in the introductory technical chapters of this guide.
DANGER! If the equipment is used in a manner not specified by the manufacturer, the protection provided by the equipment may be impaired.
Before you begin installing and configuring this product, carefully read the following important safety statements. Always ensure that you adhere to any and all applicable safety warnings, guidelines, or precautions during the installation, operation, and maintenance of your product.
DANGER! — INSTALLATION OF EQUIPMENT:
Installation of this product is to be done by authorized service personnel only. This product is not to be installed by users/operators without legal authorisation.
Installation of the equipment must comply with local and national electrical codes.
DANGER! — DO NOT OPEN EQUIPMENT, UNLESS AUTHORIZED:
The interior of this equipment does not have any user serviceable parts. Contact Spectracom Technical Support if this equipment needs to be serviced. Do not open the equipment. Follow Spectracom Safety Instructions, and observe all local electrical regulatory requirements.
Caution: Electronic equipment is sensitive to Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Observe all ESD precautions and safeguards when handling Spectracom equipment.
SAFETY: User Responsibilities
- The equipment must only be used in technically perfect condition. Check components for damage prior to installation. Also check for loose or scorched cables on other nearby equipment.
- Make sure you possess the professional skills, and have received the training necessary for the type of work you are about to perform.
- Do not modify the equipment.
- Use only spare parts authorized by Spectracom.
- Always follow the instructions set out in this User Manual, or in other Spectracom documentation for this product.
- Observe generally applicable legal and other local mandatory regulations.
SAFETY: Other Tips
- Keep these instructions at hand, near the place of use.
- Keep your workplace tidy.
- Apply technical common sense: If you suspect that it is unsafe to use the product, do the following:
- Disconnect the supply voltage from the unit.
- Clearly mark the equipment to prevent its further operation.