Several standard network services can be enabled or disabled via the easily accessible Network Services Panel under MANAGEMENT > Network Setup:
The Network Services panel has ON/OFF toggle switches for the following daemons and features:
- System Time Message: A once-per second Time Message sent out via Multicast; for details, see System Time Message.
- Daytime Protocol, RFC-867: A standard Internet service, featuring an ASCII daytime representation, often used for diagnostic purposes.
- Time Protocol, RFC-868: This protocol is used to provide a machine-readable, site-independent date and time.
- Telnet: Remote configuration
- FTP server: Access to logs
- SSH: Secure Shell cryptographic network protocol for secure data communication
- HTTP: Hypertext Transfer Protocol