The NTP Servers and NTP Peers panels display which servers in the network are set up at higher or equal Stratums (Servers or Peers, respectively), and their configurations. These panels are also used to add, configure, or remove NTP Servers and Peers.
Note: For information on how to view NTP Clients, see Viewing NTP Clients.
The NTP Servers and NTP Peers panels are part of the NTP Setup screen (see The NTP Setup Screen), which can be accessed via MANAGEMENT > NETWORK: NTP Setup.
The following columns are used to break down the status information for recognized NTP Servers and NTP Peers.
Note: Servers will be displayed in the Status view only if they can be resolved. They will, however, always be displayed in the Setup view in order to reconfigure them, if necessary.
- IP/HOST: Name and real-time status (color-coded)
- REF ID: Identifies the type of Input REFerence e.g., GPS indicates the reference can use GPS for its synchronization. Below is a list of potential REF IDs reported by the VersaSync Timing System (other NTP Servers and Peers may report different references):
- GPS: GNSS reference
- IRIG: IRIG reference
- HVQ: HAVE QUICK reference
- FREQ: Frequency reference
- PPS: External 1PPS reference
- PTP: PTP reference
- ATC: ASCII time code reference
- USER: User provided time
- LOCL: Local reference (synced to itself)
- INIT: NTP on server/peer is initializing
- STEP: NTP on server/peer is performing initial synchronization step and restarting
- AUTH STATUS: Indicates if the selected reference is using MD5 authentication. “None” indicates authentication not being used.
- LAST: The number of seconds that have expired since this reference was last polled for its time.
- POLL: The polling interval, i.e. how often VersaSync is polling this NTP reference for its time.
- DELAY (ms): The measured one-way delay between VersaSync and its selected reference.