The NTP Setup screen provides access to all NTP configuration settings.
To open the NTP Setup screen, navigate to MANAGEMENT > NTP Setup. The NTP Setup screen is divided into 5 panels:
… are located on the right-hand side of the NTP screen:
- NTP Servers: In this display you can view the NTP Servers that VersaSync detects in your network. It is through this display that you configure external NTP references. See NTP Servers: Adding, Configuring, Removing.
- NTP Peers: In this display you can view the NTP Peers that VersaSync detects in your network. It is through this display that you configure NTP Peer reference inputs. See NTP Peers: Adding, Configuring, Removing.
For more information on NTP servers, clients, and Stratums see NTP Servers and Peers.
… shows two graphs depicting the rate of NTP traffic from Clients and Server/Peers.
- The INFO icon opens a window showing the maximum per second traffic rate from each.
- The graphs maybe saved and downloaded (> ARROW icon), or deleted (> TRASH CAN icon).
… is in the top left-hand corner of the NTP screen comprises the following buttons:
- Symmetric Keys: Click here to set up your symmetric keys for MD5 authentication. For more information on Symmetric Keys, see Configuring NTP Symmetric Keys.
- Access Restrictions: Click here to view, change or delete access restrictions to the NTP network. (See also NTP Access Restrictions.)
Fields in the NTP Access Restrictions table include:
- IP Version
- IP Mask
- Auth only
- Enable Query
- View NTP Clients: Click here to reveal a table of all the clients your VersaSync is servicing. (See also Viewing NTP Clients.)
Information for each client includes:
- Client IP
- Received Packets
- Restriction Flags
- Avg Interval
- Last Interval
- Restore Default NTP Configuration: Click here to restore VersaSync’s NTP settings to the factory default. Any settings you have created previously will be lost. See Restoring the Default NTP Configuration.
… is the second panel on the left-hand side of the NTP screen.
- NTP ON/OFF: This switch enables and disables NTP. See Dis-/Enabling NTP.
Note: When applying any changes NTP will usually restart automatically. Use this switch only to force a restart.
- Expert Mode: Turning this switch ON enables direct access to the NTP.conf file, thus bypassing the VersaSync Web UI. [Default =OFF] See NTP Expert Mode.
Note: Spectracom Tech Support does not support the editing of the NTP configuration files in Expert Mode. For additional information on editing the NTP.conf file, please refer to http://www.ntp.org.
Other NTP Services that can be configured via the NTP Services panel by clicking the GEAR icon are:
- Stratum 1 (see NTP Reference Configuration)