NetClock 9400 Series Rear Panels
The NetClock 9483 rear panel provides several different outputs for interfacing the unit to various systems. The rear panel has an AC connection for power input (DC Power is optional), Ethernet and USB connections, 1PPS and 10 MHz outputs, IRIG, ASCII, and Relay/Alarm outputs, and GPS Antenna connector.
NetClock 9483 rear panel
- AC power connector: Input for the AC power and provides and AC power ON/OFF switch. This connector is only installed if NetClock was ordered with AC input power option.
- DC power port connector: Only installed if the NetClock was ordered with DC input power option. Note: DC input power does not have an ON/OFF switch.
- Ethernet connector: Provides an interface to the network for NTP synchronization and to obtain access to the NetClock product web interface for system management. It has two small indicator lamps, “Good Link” (green LED), and “Activity” (orange LED). The “Good Link” link light indicates a connection to the network is present. The “Activity” link light will illuminate when network traffic is detected.
Status indicators, rear panel
|Ethernet||Yellow||ON||LAN activity detected.|
|OFF||No LAN activity detected|
|Ethernet||Green||ON||LAN link established, 10 or 100 Mb/s.|
|OFF||No link established.|
- USB connector is reserved for future expansion.
- 1PPS output: Provides a once-per-second square-wave output via BNC output connector. The 1PPS output can be configured to have either the rising or falling edge of the signal to be coincident with the system’s on-time point.
- 10 MHz output: Provides a 10 MHz sine-wave output via BNC output connector.
- IRIG output: Supports IRIG A/B/G/E, IEEE 1344/C37.118-2005 (AM/TTL).
- RS-232 output: for serial connections.
- Relay/Alarm outputs.
- GNSS antenna connector: GNSS input for GNSSS antenna and coax cabling (type “N” connector).
- RS-485 output for serial connection.
Note: The pin numbers for the RS-485 outputs are defined starting with Pin 1 to Pin 10, arranged from left to right, as shown below:
Rear panel of NENA-compliant module (NetClock 9483)
NetClock 9489 Rear Panel
The NetClock 9489 rear panel provides:
- an AC connection for power input
- an Ethernet port
- (1) 1PPS output
- (2) RS-485 ASCII outputs, and (1) RS-485 input
- a GNSS antenna connector.
Rear panel of NetClock model 9489
The pinout description for the RS-485 connector can be found under NetClock 9489 In-/Outputs.