Before configuring the network settings, you need to setup access to VersaSync web user interface ("Web UI"). This can be done by assigning a static IP address, or using a DHCP address. For more information, see Assigning a Static IP Address.
Once you have assigned the IP address, login to the Web UI. For more information, see Accessing the Web UI.
To access the Network Setup screen:
- Navigate to MANAGEMENT > Network Setup. The Network Setup screen is divided into three panels:
- General Settings: Allows quick access to the primary network settings necessary to connect VersaSync to a network. See General Network Settings.
- Web Interface Settings:
- Web interface timeout: Determines how long a user can stay logged on. For more information, see Web UI Timeout.
- Access Control: Allows the configuration of access restrictions from assigned networks/nodes.
- Login Banner: Allows the administrator to configure a custom banner message to be displayed on the VersaSync Web UI login page and the CLI (Note: There is a 2000 character size limit).
- SSH: This button takes you to the SSH Setup window. For details on setting up SSH, see SSH.
- System Time Message: Setup a once-per-second time message to be sent to receivers via multicast. For details, see System Time Message.
- INFO button: Displays the Ethernet port Status window for review purposes.
- GEAR button: Displays the Ethernet port settings window for editing purposes.
The Actions panel provides:
The Network Services panel is used to enable (ON) and disable (OFF) network services, as well as the Web UI display mode, details see: Network Services.
The Ports panel not only displays STATUS information, but is used also to set up and manage VersaSync’s network ports via three buttons: